In times of great challenge and when we need them most, we are inclined to forget about the inherent resources we possess to help us adapt to change and uncertainty. Instead of stepping back and reflecting, we can find ourselves leaning-in and upping the intensity. Yet paradoxically, despite our striving, the outcomes we want become harder to reach.
This is the performance paradox – the harder we try, the less we have to give, and the more likely we are to answer some or all of these questions affirmatively:
- Are you finding it difficult to focus?
- Is your thinking more scattered than usual?
- Are you finding it challenging to think ‘big picture’ and strategically?
- Are you finding you are more reactive than usual, feeling more defensive?
- Do you have moments of feeling stuck, numb or overwhelmed?
- Are you finding it difficult to disconnect from the news/work?
- Are you finding it difficult to sleep?
For many leaders there is often a tension between trying to “give it their all” in response to rising challenges and managing their own resources so that they can do their best work. They struggle to find their rhythm for sustainable performance.
Our programme was developed with this need in mind. Consisting of two team sessions to de-mystify the theory behind the performance rhythm and individual coaching to embed the learning into participants’ daily lives. It will equip you with the knowledge to understand why you might not be showing up as you want, as well as the tools to create new energy and embrace changes in your way of working. Over the course of this programme, we will share emerging wisdom from the field of Psychology, Neuroscience and Energy Management regarding how we can marshal our resources to meet challenge and create a positive performance pulse.
PERFORMANCE RHYTHM JOURNEY
WHAT CAN I EXPECT
You will be supported and challenged by your coach to explore the following elements throughout the programme:
- Is there a performance paradox at play?
- What gets in the way of creating a sustainable performance pulse for ourselves?
- Are we leveraging the four pillars of energy management – physical, emotional, cognitive and purpose?
- Emerging insight and understanding into how our nervous system works and how we can learn ‘to regulate’ better so as to expand our capacity.
- Embedding practical, simple actions that can make a big difference both at the individual and team levels.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT
For further information, please contact our team at SEVEN:
Kerry Cullen: Kerry@seven.ie
Caoilfhionn Raleigh: Caoilfhionn@seven.ie
Johanna Fullerton: Johanna@seven.ie